- What is Riverside County’s eAlert subscription service?
eAlert is a voluntary service the county uses to provide you with email updates and other news about topics that are important to you. All you have to do is pick your topics and subscribe. Topics range from Board of Supervisors agendas to warnings that are distributed during emergencies.
- How much does the eAlert service cost?
The county does not charge for eAlert. Your Internet or cell-phone provider might assess per-message charges, depending on your plan.
- What type of devices can receive eAlert messages?
eAlert can send messages to any device that has an email address. This includes desktop computers, pagers, cellular phones and personal digital assistants (PDAs).
- Can I have eAlert send messages to more than one email address or mobile device?
Yes. When you subscribe you can provide up to two email addresses, or cellular phone numbers for text messages.
- Can I receive text (SMS) messages instead of email messages?
If your cellular phone, PDA, or pager can receive text messages, the providers automatically convert email to text messages. To receive eAlert messages as text messages on your device, refer to your provider for instructions. Check with your plan provider to obtain the most recent method to access messages and to ensure that your cellular phone or PDA is authorized to receive text or email messages.
- I am not receiving eAlert.
Make sure you signed up with a valid email address and replied to the confirmation email. If you did not receive a confirmation email or did not reply to one, you will not receive eAlert messages. Also, check to make sure a spam filter is not blocking eAlert messages. Add the email address email@example.com to your allowed list or list of authorized senders.
- My spam filter is blocking eAlert messages.
Add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your allowed list or list of authorized senders.
- How do I subscribe to eAlert?
Use the Subscribe page and complete the necessary fields.
- I subscribed but I entered the wrong email address. What should I do now?
Re-subscribe with the correct email address. The incorrect email address will automatically be deleted from the system.
- When I subscribed, I was advised that I would receive a confirmation email, which I did not receive. What should I do now?
Use the Account Maintenance page, "Please send another confirmation email."
- I received the confirmation email on my pager or cellular phone, and I cannot reply to confirm the subscription. What should I do now?
Use the Account Maintenance page, "Authorize or re-authorize your subscription.” You will need your email address and the authorization ID number (Auth ID) that was provided in the confirmation email.
- My email address changed. How can I continue to receive eAlert?
Unsubscribe using your old email address and re-subscribe using your new email address.
- How do I unsubscribe from eAlert?
Use the Unsubscribe page.
- What if I have more questions or my question was not answered?
Send an email to email@example.com. Please be as specific as possible.
- I have feedback about eAlert. Where should I send it?
Send an email to eAlertSupport@co.riverside.ca.us.